Monday, September 15, 2008

An Afternoon at the Apple Orchard

Yesterday we got to go to an apple orchard and pick our own fruit! I had such a great time. They even had cows and horses there. In the picture above, daddy is trying to feed the cows, but I think they were intimidated by me.


As soon as I realized that daddy was picking fruit from the trees, I decided to help by picking up the fruit from the ground and putting it in our wheelbarrow. I did not understand why mommy kept throwing those ones back out of the wheelbarrow, but it was fun collecting them until...
I picked one up that was covered with BEES! And did you know that bees STING you! Well I know now. I got my first real bee sting yesterday, and I took it like a big boy. I only cried a little and then I kept helping daddy but I did learn to look very closely at the fruit before picking it up.
Here I am helping mommy push the wheelbarrow...actually that is not even our wheelbarrow...
Mommy told me to 'smile' and this is what I did...Come on mom you take too many pictures.

The whole family!
Yes, I even got to eat some fresh fruit right from the tree! It was sooo yummy! Oh yeah, and even though it was an apple orchard, most of the apples were already picked so we got to pick lots of pears. They are so good.
Me and mommy, I am still eating my pear...
Time to go home, I am still eating my pear...
What a great afternoon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Issac,

You make me tired just watching you go from place to place. What a lucky boy. The fruit looks delicious. So good to see you - I liked your picture you hung in the kitchen - it is beautiful! I like pears too - they are delicious. You are growing like a weed. Love you Issac, ggma and ggpa hoke