Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving[s]

This year we got to celebrate Thanksgiving twice. On Thursday we went to Uncle Bill's house and had a fresh turkey for the first time. Mommy and daddy said it was good, however I did not feel like eating anything except a banana. I decided to let Great Grandma cuddle me after dinner (this is very abnormal for me, I was in the holiday spirit:) Then cousin Nicole read to me on her bed and I cuddled and napped with her the rest of the afternoon. What a relaxing day.

Then on Saturday mommy and daddy had a dinner at our house. Daddy got up at four in the morning to start smoking the turkey. Mommy made her infamous pies, grandma's cheesy potatoes, stuffing, gravy and of course green bean casserole. We invited Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Ernie and my Great Grandparents the Groteguts. Mommy did not take many pictures of our day, but the turkey was delicious and we had a GREAT time with everyone.

Here I am with Uncle Ernie...

I decided to really get in the holiday spirit and give him some kisses!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Isaac! You were lucky to have 2 Thanksgiving dinners. My favorite part is still getting to hold you at Uncle Bill's. My heart was so warm during that time. You are such a nice little boy - I love it that Daddy took you to help him at his work. I think you are a very lucky boy. We will be seeing you at Christmas time. Hope you have fun. Love, ggma hoke