Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Birthday Celebration

We celebrated mommy's birthday on Friday by going up North for a day trip. Here is daddy and I at one of the best petroglyph sites in the nation. All those markings were made from Indians a Long time ago. As you can see I just want to play with the rope!
We had a delicious picnic lunch, and if you click on this picture to make it bigger you can see my tooth! Mommy can still see three more just under the surface ready to poke out, and one that should come out any day now. (yes that is dirt on my mouth! I had some of that for lunch too:)


This was my first opportunity to play in a trout stream, yes there were trout in it! I had so much fun. We were at a place called Beaver Creek.

the water is cold, but I love it!



This picture is a bit out of order, but after our time at Beaver Creek, I was very tired, so mommy and daddy decided to let me nap while we drove even further up north to Flagstaff. (I am finally over 20 pounds so my car seat can face front now! I LOVE looking out the windshield)


More pictures of the Petroglyphs by beaver creek



Mommy let me have some strawberries at our picnic, and I just loved them.


Daddy let me play with a Sycamore leaf! They are HUGE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to take the wonderful trip up north. And, your Daddy knows about so many things - he will teach you about it all. Hope Mommy had a great Birthday. I can't believe you have a big toothie coming in. This year you can look a bit like a pumpkin. (not really) The pictures of your family warmed our hearts. We are so blessed to have the three of you. You had such a cute "strawberry face"! Gotta love that! Thanks so much for sharing your special time with us. Those kinds of things are becoming less and less for ggma and ggpa hoke - but we love seeing you having your first adventures. You are such a lucky boy to have parents that love you so much - and I know they think they are lucky to have such a special boy. Happy Birthday again to Sheri!

Love to all, ggma and ggpa hoke